[vdr] Re: What CAM for SECA2 (Canal Satellite) ?

Hi,

> >>2 more questions and I'm done :
> >>- I will go for a PCI CI attached to my Nova card. Is there any
> >>specific hardware version number I should be careful at ?
> >

> > !!! This won't work. The NOVA CI interface is not supported by the driver.
> > To use a CAM you have to buy a ff-card.
> >

> f... I was just about to buy a budget card + dxr3 for my config. Do you
> know if it won't be never supported, like a technical infeasability, or
> if it is just a matter of improving the driver but nobody has ever been
> motivated enough to do so ?

It's just a matter of writing a driver for it, _but_ the longer the time it remains
unsupported the worse the chance that someone will do the work ....
Another idea: You might want to check the driver from the metzler-brothers
(http://www.metzlerbros.de) - it supports the KNC cards, AFAIK. Maybe the
KNC-S with CI is also supported.

Best regards,
Reiner