[vdr] Re: bitstreamout and shm problems?!

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:22:37PM +0100, Markus Schorer wrote:
> hi,
>
> "Dr. Werner Fink" wrote:
> >
> > >   vdr_memory_0-2" . sorry, this is not the real message but you should
> > >   get the idea.
> >
> > Never seen that, does this also happen with a vanilla VDR and
> > bitstreamout as the only plugin?
>
> yes. although i applied the included audio and mp2... patch.
>
> > Do you have seen something like:
> >
> >      shm_free pointer 0x........ not found in alloc space
>
> sorry. this is more like.., ähh this is it.

This is a problem of the destructor and timing.  The destructor
will be called at exit time and at this time the file descriptors
arn't owned by VDR anymore.  It doesn't hurt because on next start
these files will be recyled.  Nevertheless I've/ll changed that
in such way that the destructor will be called before exit.

> > ... I do not use this menu and the new extensions written by
> > Sven ;^)
>
> hmmh. it now kind of works. i can switch the language when replaying.
> getting back to german (ger/enc/ac3) is somehow difficult.
> in live mode i can go to the main-menu/bitstreamout, then select
> eg the mp2-track. when i press ok, i go back to main-menu. the
> opt-spdif lights up "differently" for < 1 sec. when reviewing the
> selected track ac3 is again selected. btw, i get no green "language"
> option in the main-menu.

The green button for switching the audio channel is an option
only if there are more than one MP2 channel with the upper
limit of two MP2 channels.  Ths is how it is implemented
in VDR ... no dynamic channel for more than two MP2 channels
nor the possiblity of switching between AC3 and MP2 channels.

This may an option for VDR 1.3

@Klaus: What do you think about? Dynamic expansion of the
audio channels regradless of AC3 or MP2 would be nice.
And if the sub channel scheme for AC3 within private stream
1 is used instead of the stupid including of AC3 frames
used by the DVB channels it is poosible to include upto
8 AC3 channels within the private stream 1 (just for the
remux part of recording).

       Werner