[vdr] Re: Media-MVP Plugin

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Lars Fredriksson wrote:

> But the MVP doesn't connect - nothing happens after I've turned it on.
>
> And if I look in the leases file for the DHCP server it haven't even picked
5A> it's IP-adress.

That's not so good! Is this after a power cycle of the MVP? I believe HWC
recommend a 5 second pause between pulling out and plugging in the power
cord.

When the MVP boots, how many of the blocks are cleared?

On your vdr box, can you check /etc/hosts to make sure the hostname of the
vdr box isn't defined as 127.0.0.1. If it is, remove it and set it
correctly - the plugin does a gethostname() and then a gethostbyname() to
find out its IP address, if it's set to 127.0.0.1 then the MVP tries to
connect to itself.

If that doesn't work then try the console version where you can set the
server ip address in the config file.

If that fails then can you get me a network capture using tcpdump (eg
tcpdump -w mvp -s 1500 -i eth0 host [mvp ip address]) from your vdr box
and I'll see what's happening.

hope this helps,

d.
[I'll try to release a newer version of the plugin at some point this
week which removes the dependency on streamdev.]