[vdr] Re: Budget Card only with vdr 1.3.4 or newer and kernel 2.6.6

Hi Thomas,

Are you using a sysfs-only 2.6er Kernel? If yes you must use my pre_patch
for sysfs support, which needs some more work.
Else enable devfs support too.

Please run:
ls -Rl /dev/dvb

Christian

> Hello List,
> i used kernel 2.4.22 before and want to change to 2.6.6.
> In the vdr directory i changed in Make.config the DVBDIR=/usr/src/linux
which
> points to the 2.6.6 kernel sources and headers.
> The needed modules for vdr like videodev, evdev the frontend and so on are
all
> present like on the 2.4.22.
> I compiled vdr and its plugins and started ./vdr -Pxvxine because i only
use a
> budget card witout mpeg2 and xvxine is the output device. This worked in
> 2.4.22 without problems. Now there i a OSD Message "Channel not available"
on
> start, no channel is available. I think its a driver Problem, vdr can't
> connect to the DVB. The plugin seems to work, because the OSD is visible.
> What is needed to switch to 2.6.x, is it better to install the newest CVS
> Driver Sources ?
> THX
>   Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index