[vdr] Re: WANTED: people who are running vdr-xine on debian testing

Reinhard Nissl writes:

 > May I invite you to help some people on this thread?
 >
 > 	http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=17928&sid=

I checked the thread and the problems seemed identical to mine.  The
solution was to update automake and all its utilities from the FSF
(gnu) pages.

I do not have the working version numbers of those utilities at hand,
so I cannot give the numbers for a working setup.

Be prepared to have tons of warning messages for textual
substitutions.  Also the version combination that I use fails in the
install part in a couple of directories.  When make install fails
there are two reasons: either makeinstalldirs is not properly
defined (set makeinstalldirs=mkdir -p) or bindir and fontdir are not
defined (fontdir is commented out for some reason, and bindir can be
found in other makefiles).  Perhaps some other version of automake is
able to make flawless Makefiles, though.

Perhaps someone with more fluent Deutsch can pass this to the thread.

yours,
		Jouni
--
http://www.netlab.hut.fi/%7ekex