[vdr] Enhancing vdr UI usability

Disclaimer: I am very pleased with the basic operation and performance
of VDR, I simply want to make it more friendly to use from a remote
control.

I would like to have the user interface of vdr to more resemble that of
a common satellite receiver/STB.  Essentially, the functionality of
things like the Red/Green/Yellow/Blue buttons would be replaced with
on-screen menus/buttons for selecting options.

Regarding an EPG/IPG, I would like to see something in the grid format
that we've grown accustomed to in consumer electronics devices.

I am fully willing to put some time and effort into planning this out,
implementing it, and releasing patches.

My question is, has anybody started a similar project?  If not, is
anybody interested in helping out with this effort?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index