[vdr] Re: Driver or VDR Problem setting and jusageing cutmarks on Nexus 2.1

Juergen Sauer wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 3. Juni 2004 18:29 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>
> > > I tried 1.3.6|9 + 2.6.6|7pre2 tose are running so-la-la, except
> > > a problem with the fine justage of cut marks.
> > >
> > > vdr hangs and is quitted by the watchdog, if I try to move the
> > > cut-marks.
>
> > Try
>
> >   export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1
>
> > before running VDR.
>
> That's it. Works fine.
> What's the reason for the 'incomability' ?
> Is the ld system buggy

The problem is that kernel 2.6 based systems apparently use the
NPTL ("Native Posix Thread Library"), which VDR doesn't seem to
work correctly with.

Since I myself don't use kernel 2.6 nor the NPTL I can't do any
testing here. So somebody who uses these will need to look into
this and find out what's wrong. I've said this on several occasions,
but apparently there is nobody interested in doing so...

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index