[vdr] Re: partly OT: english VDR-Discussion Board?

I hate forums.

Why don't those English speaking users just learn how to use an email
client?  (I mean one that filters mailing lists etc)

I hate forums:

     1. Why should I have to go all around the internet to follow each
        project I am interested in?
     2. Why should I learn another bloody forum interface for each
        project?
     3. A forum will just segment the community.  IMHO Stuff posted to
        vdr-portal is selfishly kept from other vdr users. (*)

I follow at least 30 mailing lists.  I could not do this with forums. No
way.

What I cant understand is why, in the wonderful world that is OSS, no
one has come up with a good forum<->mailing list gateway.  Is it that
hard?

I hate forums.

(*) I hate forums - but I accept that the vdr community is segmented
into those who can communicate effectively in English, and those who can
only communicate effectively in German.

(BTW: this is not a flame.  Just MHO)

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 16:34, Hannes Stein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as there were discussions on this list about links of Patches / Plugins
> to the mostly german speaking vdr-portal.de, there is a thread and poll
> about the neccesarity (<= does this word exist?!?) of an english board
> at the VDR-Portal.
>
> I think none of the users of the vdr-portal dared to cross-post this so
> far, as they might be afraid to get flamed about ading for this
> board...
>
> Nevertheless it's the english-speaking VDR community (which might be
> here) that should take part at this discussion...
>
> Funny enough this thread is mostly german... but there's some english
> postings at the end...
>
> To whom it may concern / who might be interessted:
>
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=18003&sid=
>

> Hannes
>
> PS: I tried to send this yesterday, but I had trouble with the headers.
> Sorry, if some of you received it two times....

Home | Main Index | Thread Index