[vdr] Re: Enhancing vdr UI usability

  +> I find it very acceptable in the most aspects (and especially the color
  +> buttons AKA softkeys).

  Mike> What bothers me most about the colour buttons is that they do different
  Mike> things in different context.

That is the idea of softkeys :-) and the difference between a context
sensitive menu as you described it and the softkeys is more or less marginal

  Mike> I agree.  I press "Info" on my satellite receiver, I get the channel
  Mike> information and description of the current program.  I press the "Next"
  Mike> button and I get the description of the program following the current
  Mike> one.

Ok, Klaus stated that he will introduce a general "Info" button. This leads me
to the problem to get hands on a (non-Hauppauge) RC, wich has some more
buttons (as I am a DVB-T / DXR3 user I need also a restart button for the vdr
:-(...

Regs
 Steve

Home | Main Index | Thread Index