[vdr] Re: Coredump - vdr 1.3.9 at eit.c:205

Philip Lawatsch wrote:

> > Stefan Hagendorn wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> since this evening my vdr starts to coredump over and over - I've no
> >> Idea what this can cause and I'm not a programmer. Some nice ppl in
> >> #LinuxDVB on Efnet toldme how to handle a core file and how to analyze
> >> it and do a backtrace by gdb. Maybe anone got a clue what this could
> >> be - maybe malformed EPG infos again ... ?!
> >

> > I can confirm this, looks like you're not the only one having this problem.
> >
> > I'll go and debug it.
> >

> Problem #1:
>
>          delete ExtendedEventDescriptors;
>          delete ShortEventDescriptor;
>
> in eit.c
>
> Should probably be
>
>        if (ExtendedEventDescriptors)
>          delete ExtendedEventDescriptors;
>        if (ShortEventDescriptor)
>          delete ShortEventDescriptor;

'delete' is guaranteed to be "NULL-proof", so there's no need to check the
pointer first.

> Although this does not fix the problem, i still get crashes (somewhere else)

I'm having the same problem. It started at around 21:45 tonight.
For the moment I guess turning off the EPG scan helps somewhat.
Maybe some channel has f***ed up their EPG data, which maybe triggers
a bug in VDR.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index