[vdr] Auto record FIFO buffer

Hi Mailing List

Thank you for such an incredible program.
I was so relieved to find vdr after trying all windows based dvb programs. I
thought I had wasted my money and then I found vdr and have had a big smile
ever since.

I would like to make one suggestion.
Adding a recording buffer (not sure if this could be done as a plugin). Vdr
would auto record all the time and store for example up to 30 mins or 60
mins into a FIFO file  .. that way you could rewind anything at any time
even if you had selected not to record that particular program. Tivos have
used this since I can remember and I for one have grown accustom to this
convenience. Also allows you to select to record the entire program more
permanently anytime 30 or 60 mins into the program (depending on what you
have the buffer time set to). This is nice for sports replays etc.. and
great if you happen to have more then one FF card. Basically, you could have
one card dumping to the buffer while you surf with the other and you can
return to the original program without missing anything all without having
to set a recording and creating a file you do not really want just to have
to go and delete that same file later.

If this is already in the plan please disregard this post ..

Thanks for all of your efforts

LAFFER
---