[vdr] Re: problem with vcd-plugin -> OSD-design considerations

On Saturday 05 June 2004 18:38, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Guido Fiala wrote:
> > If someone can confirm this maybe its something to consider in the new
> > OSD too...
> >
> > if one plays a VCD with NTSC-format parts of the OSD lay beyond the
> > screen coordinates:
> > The replay-bar is completly below outside and the main-menu is vertically
> > stretched.
> >
> > At least here with vdr 1.2.6 - is this already being adressed using the
> > new vdr-1.3.x OSD?
> >
> > For the replay-bar one can simply move it up, but for all other plugins
> > accessing the OSD during NTSC-replay ???
> >
> > Maybe its possible to use video-format independend coordinates for the
> > OSD-interface
>
> The cDevice::GetVideoSystem() function can be used to determine whether
> PAL or NTSC is being shown. I guess it should be sufficient to have a
> function that returns the value of Setup.OSDHeight, adjusted to the
> current tv system.

Yes, sounds good. I read the value would be pixels for vdr 1.3.x ?

> > (and very likely a different font) ...just an idea.
>
> Why a different font?

At least in current vdr the OSD-height is specified in lines.
If one assumes the number of lines to be equal in both/all video-modes the
font-height would have to be adjusted (by sacrifying quality of the font).

The other way would be to use the currently available number of text-lines
that the plugin can change its contents accordingly.

Another reason for different fonts required might be different aspect-ratios -
a 4:3 font displayed at 16:9 looks compressed horizontally i would assume?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index