[vdr] Re: EPG bugfix statistics

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Lauri Tischler wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:

>> In Finland this would be Digita. But good luck in trying to get something
>> to happen there... The EPG has been fubar since I started using VDR a year
>> and a half ago, and still no signs of even some kind of willingness to fix
>> it, or even an acknowledgement of the problem. It's scary that with such
>> incompetent entities handling the DVB transmissions, we're still supposed
>> to turn of the analog TV transmissions in 2-3 years (don't remember
>> exactly).
>
>Digita uses something they call 'Nordic-DVB' or something like it.
>in there the Extended field of EPG is defined as 'optional'

Could it be "Nordig"?

Anyway, it's quite silly. Instead of using the proper specs most Subtitle
fields are filled with the extended info, and usually cut off (unless it's
really short). Looks so unprofessional when something as simple as the EPG
data is broken. The Swedish channels that we receive through cable of
course have the information filled in correctly...

--
             In the Beginning it was a nice day.
                           -- Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens

Home | Main Index | Thread Index