[vdr] Re: OSD: is it allowed to have multiple instances

Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
>
> > At any given time there may only be _one_ instance of cOsd.
> > Maybe I should change cDvbOsdProvider::CreateOsd() so that
> > it enforces this by returning NULL in case another cOsd is
> > requested beforethe previous one has been destroyed.
>
> you could make the cOsd class a singleton. you are aware of this design
> pattern, arn't you?
>
> best regards ...
> clemens

I guess that's what I was aiming at by suggesting to make
cDvbOsdProvider::CreateOsd() return NULL in case another cOsd is
requested before the previous one has been destroyed.

Or is there something special about this? At least the C++ book
doesn't mention it.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index