[vdr] Re: Softdevice + DirectFB + cle266

On Dienstag, 8. Juni 2004 12:58, Nicolas Huillard wrote:

[ .. ]

> -> more or less OT (to the guys that own an EPIA) :

Since EPIA boards have a buildin hardware decoder it would be better
to have a separate plugin like dxr3-plugin for them.

[ .. ]

> -> about softdevice DirectFB :
> * what is the status of the DirectFB code ?

It compiles for me but due to some problems (vesafb vs. radeonfb)
it is not running on my system.

> * I already solved a bug (a catch + printf), and it does not crash
> anymore, but I still get a blue screen with no OSD, video, sound at all.

I've a small modification too which fixes a abend/segfault too but those fixes
are on code paths which lead to exit() and not to working video out, so
I didn't comit them.

[ .. ]

> -> about softdevice Xv :
> * since it seems to be more maintained, I could use this output method,
> but I don't know where to start from
> * I surely don't want the whole X11 stuff loaded : is it mandatory, or
> is there a light setup that would work ?

X11 is mandatory for Xv-out. No light setup yet.

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index