[vdr] Re: lirc and Mandrake 10

Steffen Barszus wrote:

I have all configured and it works in kernel 2.4, however in kernel 2.6 all starts just fine but no signals are recognized.

Any clues anyone ? Any pointer to what has changed or what problem i could have here ?
I'm not familiar with Mandrake but in my Debian Sarge based system I use the vanilla 2.6.6 kernel patched with this Lirc patch (the latest one is for 2.6.5 but I got no rejects) http://www.elektronikschule.de/~genannt/kernel-patche/lirc/

If it is not a kernel module issue it is worth to check with e.g. xmode2 (in Debian lirc-x package) what you are receiving

"NAME
mode2, smode2, xmode2 - shows the pulse/space length of infrared signals

SYNOPSIS
xmode2 [options]

DESCRIPTION
The main purpose of these programs is to check operation of your home-brew LIRC receiver hardware and to see the IR wave-
form of the remote controller without an expensive oscilloscope. Very useful for debugging. Of course this program won't
work with hardware that decodes the signals itself like e.g. TV cards or the Irman."

Seppo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index