[vdr] Re: Running command at shutdown

Sergei,
is that just during the execution, or also after the execution too?

There are no error messages, all seems to work OK.

I know I could use crontab, and as the PC is only for vdr this would
be OK, but I wanted this script to be more an integral part of the VDR
stuff.

I also thought about starting this script out of runvdr, before starting
VDR itself. And then having the script wait 20 secs before doing its actual
processing.

I guess I was looking for the "correct" way to do this sort of thing!

Cheers Brian

Sergei Haller wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Patrick Cernko (PC) wrote:

PC> Also sprach Birgit & Andreas Böttger zu "17.06.2004 19:44" Anno Domini:
PC> > echo /usr/local/src/GETXML/getbbc.sh | at now > /tmp/getbbc.sh.out 2>&1

if there is a "sleep 20" right after this command (waiting for getbbc to be finished), it won't help.

during the execution of the shutdown script VDR does not listen on the SVDRP port, as far as I remember.

c ya
Sergei

Home | Main Index | Thread Index