[vdr] Re: Deinterlacing

Hi,

> Another thing to consider is that I might want to actually scale the
> video, but the subtitles that go over it should be at the full
> resolution of the pj (1280x1024 or 1024x768 depending on what my cpu
> will handle).

The scaling won't help you get rid of artifacts in the stream, simply due
to the MPEG algo.

> The idea is to do all scaling in software and use a normal graphics
> board to supply RGB to the pj.

As noted in my other mail. A video card cannot drive a longer video
line correctly. Above you are talking about a pretty high resolution
(1280x1024). No digital PJ can RESOLVE that high a resolution. It
may be able to show the picture, but it can't resolve (thats the keyword)
that high a res. Just as it is just a dream that a digital PJ can resolve
a HDTV resolution (1920x1080i or 1080P). It's a problem of
electronics (which CAN be solved in my mind) and one of the panel
(which isn't possible today) and lastly it's a problem of the optical
resolution. Lenses are measured in lines / mm. The smaller the lens
the higher the lines/mm must be for similar resolving capabilities.

My 8" CRT cannot only show 1080i but it actually resolve this
resolution. Only a 9" CRT can actually resolve 1080P.

Greets,
Reinhard

---