[vdr] Re: Deinterlacing

Hi,

> > On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 06:07:00PM +0200, Emil Naepflein wrote:
> >
> > > I use a Lumagen Vision and the vdr image is great on a 16:9 screen
> > > 243 cm width.
> >
> > It doesn't have RGB inputs. How do you connect it to the DVB card?
>
> RGB of the DVB-S card is barely better than S-Video. I use S-Video and
> the image is great.

Sorry, but S-Video is about the worst way to transfer video signal. Even
FBAS is a much more robust way of sending video across a line. Long
Y/C lines introduce a delay between Y&C and if you don't have a
GOOD way to compensate this, you'll never have a quality signal. You'll
see this as color smearing and edge overblend, plus if you watch a test
picture, you will notice a LOT of flickering. Any O-scope can prove
this ;o)) RGB is the only way to go. Of course you'll need a viewing unit
that is capable of displaying the problems in the first place (and a digital
unit isn't one ;o)) Of course, I realize that we are talking about lowly DVB
transmissions, so it might not make that big a difference.

Greets,
Reinhard

---