[vdr] VDR and uClibc

Hello List,

i am using VDR with uClibc (a small glibc replacement) to get a small system.
I have a diskless system with VDR stored on a DiskOnChip Millenium 8MB. So
size really matters.

My production system is getting rather old now (version 1.1.25 or so) so i' m
facing the little incompatibilities between VDR and uClibc again.

The first issue is that uClibc has no lround,... function used by VDR in
dvbspu.c. Are these functions necessary? VDR seems to work properly without
them.

timegm or gmtime (i don't remember) is no problem anymore.

Now I can compile VDR 1.2.6 without errors under uClibc :-) .

But 1.2.6 is getting older an older  too.
And with version 1.3.0 a new class  cRwLock was introduced.
The problem here is that 'pthread_rwlock_timedwrlock' and
'pthread_rwlock_timedrdlock' are not (yet?) in uClibc and i don't know of a
replacement or what it really does.

Is there a way around it, or do i have to wait for the uClibc developers?

With kind regards,
Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index