[vdr] DVD playback from hard-disk?

I'd like to copy DVDs to my hard-disk and play these back with VDR. At
the moment I'm copying the DVDs with 'vobcopy -l' and using mplayer and
Stefan's mplayer plugin to play them back, but there are a few problems
with this:

- vobcopy keeps all the audio soundtracks so that I can later choose
between german and english soundtracks (for example). But the IDs of the
different audio tracks vary, so using mplayer I have to check what IDs
are avilable, and them try them out until I find the one I want.

- When video for different languages is present (for example, the
scrolling titles at the beginning of Star Wars), the pictures jump
backwards every few seconds and play the other language. So I'd like a
solution that can also choose the correct video language (is this done
with angles?).

- Subtitles - I'd occasionally like to see subtitles, but what I really
need is to see the "mandatory" subtitles - when the characters are speak
a few phrases of japanese, my DVD player shows sub-titles just for those
phrases. So far with mplayer I've only been able to switch subtitles on
all the time or off all the time...

On top of this it'd be nice to have the DVD Menus!

Has anyone been able to solve any of these? With mplayer? Xine?
Something else perhaps?

Thanks,

Matt

Home | Main Index | Thread Index