[vdr] Re: Sysinfo plugin

<tinconn@virgilio.it> wrote:

> Same day ago, i start to modify the pilot-plugin for create a new one.
> This new plugins show the system information, the linux kernel
> version, the cpu type and cpu frequency, the cpu usage, and the memory
> usage. Now I have stop the work because i don't know how refresh the
> data on osd, for test i create a for loop, but this for block all the
> vdr. I have think that the thread is the solution, but i have not
> understood how using it.

either use posix threads directly (man pthread_create) or derive your
plugin from vdr's class cThread (mainly a c++ wrapper around pthreads).

the vdr-games plugin uses the first methode, most other plugins probably
the latter. i suggest having a look there.

come back with a more specific question then. ;-)

best regards ...
clemens

--
"Real programmers are not afraid of the goto, but they avoid it whenever
it is possible by writing self modifying code!"

Home | Main Index | Thread Index