[vdr] Re: VDR and Amd64

Bernd Juraschek wrote:

Hi vdr folks,

I'am trying to run vdr on an amd64 gentoo system. DVB drivers are loaded
and vdr is started. Using xawtv I can see vdr's osd but no tv. Tuning and
receiving seems to be ok (vdr logs pid updates and event changes). I've
googled but haven'nt found any hints.

My system:

- Siemens Scaleo T with AMD64 processor
- Kernel gentoo-2.6.8-r9
- No 32-bit support
- vdr 1.3.11 (installed gentoo ebuild with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86)
- dvb-kernel from CVS
- Siemens DVB-C
- TT DVB-C Budget

On my previous 32-bit system vdr was running fine ...

Another problem: I'm not able to compile any plugin. I receive an error saying
that I must use gcc -PIC to get relocatable code ...

Thanks for any help,
Bernd

Hi Bernd,

I also have a VDR on an AMD64 machine. Mine is running stable
in native 64-bit with OSD-Teletext-, mailbox-, tvtv- and dvd-
plugin and patched with AC3overDVB.

Do you have a picture on TV-out? The logs could indicate that
everything is working fine on the second card.

BTW, am I right that you want to run your VDR in native 64-bit
too? If so, one thing you should never ever do is
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86". That's because your operating system is
an AMD64-Gentoo _and_not_a_x86. Take a look into the technotes
of GENTOO. Download the sources and compile them.

In order to compile the plugins successfully you simply have to
enhance the line CXXFLAGS at the top of each plugin-Makefile
(first appearance) with -fPIC:

f.e.: "CXXFLAGS ?= -O3 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual _-fPIC_"
     from the dvd-plugin-Makefile

CU Norbert

Home | Main Index | Thread Index