[vdr] Re: Channel scan with one (budget) card

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Joerg Knitter wrote:

Hi,

this question seems to be rather trivial, but I (and some others, see
http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=23465) donīt find the real
answer to this.

If I have only one budget card installed (using xine), how do I make a
channel scan including channels on transponders that I regularly donīt visit
(e.g. to find new HD channels etc.)?
I have the same problem. I have a computer with only one budget card. It is used only for recording. The timers are programmed with vdradmin. But often I only see the channels of one transponder, because the others are not scanned. Then i have to switch the channel and start a scan with the "scan"-command on the socket. I thought about it and wanted to do it via cron: a small script which switches to different channels and make a "scan". And starting that script every 5 min. But i have no idea what will happen if it is recording at that time. The computer is not running every time, only for recording.

I found one solution: I install the streamdev-plugin, set it to "pause
live-tv", go to "settings/epg" and start the EPG scan with the red button.
This seems to finds all channels.

But is there another way doing this without installing streamdev?
You can initiate a scan on the socket with the command "scan". But it is not very fast. Sometimes it needs 5 min to get the data, I have no idea why.

Does anyone have better idea?

Klaus: how did you program it? When does vdr do epg-scans, and why only on one transponder? I think it would be best to switch to other transponders and scan also, but i have no idea if this can be done. Can only be done if there is no recording and noone watching tv :-)

olli

Home | Main Index | Thread Index