[vdr] Re: VGA output, what is the best solution?

> I have a projector (Sanyo PLV-Z1) that I like to use with
> vdr. Right now I'm feeding it with s-video but I'm not
> satisfied with the quality, so I want to use VGA instead. My
> question is therefore: What is the best solution for getting
> vdr to send the video through the VGA-output?

You have 2 variations.

1) use softdevice like already suggested

2) if projector supports 15.625kHz signal from VGA-port make RGB cable and sync splitter. Normally minimum VGA is 31kHz signals, but projectors might support 15.625kHz. If not you'd need linedoubler-device.

> The maximum resolution of the projector is 964x544 (16:9) and
> I would very much like to feed it with that resolution, if
> it's possible.

For this the softdevice-solutions are better. And they 'support' automatic 4:3 and 16:9 switching.

But first you should see if you can feed 50Hz signal with that resolution to your projector. Without that your picture will not be smooth because you have 60Hz VGA-output and 50Hz TV-signal.
Also check overscan with that.

BR, Jori

Home | Main Index | Thread Index