[vdr] Re: Fixed tuner lock detection

Am Samstag, 23. Oktober 2004 19:05 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> Well, that still doesn't answer the question what exactly your patch
> does that is _not_ in VDR 1.3.13. I'm afraid you'll need to isolate that.

OK, after some HEAVY testing with your patch and portions of the other
dvbdevice.c patch i finally found the solution :-)

I applied your tunerlock patch to my vdr 1.3.13 but i needed to change the
dvbdevice.c file like this to get rid of "fw_cmd_idle" and "picture from
previous channel and sound distortions from actual channel" bug

--- beisskante ---

#define WAIT_FOR_LOCK_AFTER_TUNING 1

// Set the tuner and wait for a lock:

  dvbTuner->Set(Channel, DoTune, !EITScanner.UsesDevice(this));

#ifdef WAIT_FOR_LOCK_AFTER_TUNING
  //XXX TODO preliminary fix for the "Unknown picture type" error
  time_t t0 = time(NULL);
  while (!dvbTuner->Locked() && time(NULL) - t0 < 5)
     usleep(100);
#endif

  if (!dvbTuner->Locked(TUNER_LOCK_TIMEOUT)) {
     //XXX esyslog("ERROR: no lock for channel %s on device %d",
Channel->ToText(), CardIndex() + 1);
     return false;
     }

--- beisskante ---

It seems the WAIT_FOR_LOCK_AFTER_TUNING simply is needed!

Ciao, Dominique

Home | Main Index | Thread Index