[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.13

"C.Y.M" wrote:

> Dominique Simon wrote:
> > Am Montag, 18. Oktober 2004 23:16 schrieb Stefan Meyknecht:
> >
> >>With stock kernel dvb drivers? Then I would strongly recommend to try
> >>the latest cvs-drivers fom linuxtv.org. I think the drivers supplied
> >

> > Where can i get CVS DVB Driver Sources which replace the ones used by Kernel
> > 2.6.6?
> >
> > Ciao, Dominique
> >

> cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anonymous@www.linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-kernel
> cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anonymous@www.linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-apps
>
> N.B. the latest cvs dvb-kernel requires a 2.6.9 kernel in order to build
> or else you will get errors.

So they did it again - cutting off people who don't use the "latest greatest"
kernel 2.6!

Well, since the kfir driver doesn't work with kernel 2.6, anyway, and I
absolutely need that in my system, I'm meanwhile back to kernel 2.4.20
and the DVB driver from 2004-08-08. My system runs very stable with this
combination (especially after the buffer optimizations in VDR).

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index