[vdr] Re: /video directories on a CD/DVD?

Jan Ekholm wrote:
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

Sorry for the forward, I've entered the wrong sender :-(

Am Montag, 25. Oktober 2004 21:41 schrieb Sascha Volkenandt:

Am Montag, 25. Oktober 2004 10:24 schrieb Jan Ekholm:

Another solution would be to just dump the raw VDR directory hiearchy for
a show on a DVD-rw. It would waste lots of space, but should be doable.
The actual burning I can do with my normal workstation, but I'd like to
be able to just pop a DVD into the VDR machine and whatever is on the
disk would show up in the normal "Recordings" menu. So, what I'm
wondering is wether VDR can directly use a DVD that is mounted as, say,
/video1 (the normal partition would be /video0)? Or are the /videoX
directories only scanned when VDR is started, meaning that dynamically
mounted disks can't be used? I guess that if the DVD is mounted when VDR
starts there is no problem, but what if the DVD is mounted after VDR has
started (and also unmounted)?
You can use MediaDetection for that, and even if you don't want that, you
can use a simple commands.conf layout to achieve what you want:

Mount DVD : mount /dev/dvd /video0/DVD ; touch /video0/.update

DVD is then searched by VDR like a normal recording sub-directory.

Ah, this last line was exactly what I wanted to know. I'll do it either
with the Media Detection plugin or manually. I think VDR has any reasons
for keeping any files open on the DVD, so it should be unmountable too.

Is there any simple way to mount dvd-r(w) and then record directly to dvd.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index