To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 1:45 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.14

hello,

I moved back to 1.3.14 (applying the stripaudiopackets-patch by Nissl)
two days ago, just to try.  For some reason, this time I have had no
bad errors, so it might have been problems in the stream or some other
little piece in my machine that is now OK.  (I was finally able to get
full graphics acceleration to work, but I do not think it is the
difference here.)

Something weird, though is the system info given by vmstat or top ---
they report 100% CPU use, but other symptoms hint to the processor
actually idling.  I wonder if the tick misaccounting problem(* in s390
would be also a problem in Intel-86 architecture.

*)
http://www10.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux390/perf/tuning_rec_accounting.shtml

yours,
Jouni