The next prerelease
This is a bugfix release. Please test and report any problems
on the LinuxDVB mailing list.
Thanks to all who contributed.
Changes for linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre3
- scan: considerable rewrite of section I/O using poll() instead of busy waiting
- scan: reports PCR PID and service type (01: TV, 02: radio, >=03: other) in "pids" output format
- ves1820 patch by jaakko to distinguish different PLL/Synthesizer combinations used by Siemens and Technotrend on their DVB-C cards
- scan: attempt to parse the freqeuency-list descriptor for DVB-T (untested), set INVERSION_AUTO for tuning (was 0 == INVERSION_OFF before), patch from Franck Arnaud (with modifications) to restore scan output to be usable by szap
- av7110: Sharing SDRAM between TT re-insertion and OSD to have more video buffer
- dvb-core: fixed a deadlock in dvb_frontend.c
- av7110_loadkeys: keymap for universal remote controls by PHILIPS, BAUR, INTERFUNK, MARANTZ, NECKERMANN, OTTO VERSAND, QUELLE, THORN, LIESENKOTTER, contributed by Poul Py
- API change: added VIDEO_EVENT_SIZE_CHANGED and VIDEO_GET_SIZE ioctl (both implemented for AV7110 based PCI cards)
- API change: added SEC_VOLTAGE_OFF to turn off satellite frontend power (implemented for alps_bsrv2 and stv0299 frontend drivers)
- various improvements to frontend drivers and frontend-thread handling (ves1820, grundig_29504-401, alps_tdlb7, stv0299)
- disabled frontend zig-zap scan for DVB-C (improved tuning behaviour)
- fixes and extensions for the "scan" program, including VDR output format
- fixed A/V sync bug with link-layer-CI firmware (always set PCR PID)
- fixes for IR remote control handling (key repeat, device addressing)
- added DMX_GET_STC ioctl
- added software section filter capability to av7110 driver (module parameter "hw_sections")
- correct ADAC volume settings (av7110 driver)
- msp3400 volume control fixes for Siemens DVB-C cards
- ...and some things we don't remember. Check the CVS changelogs for details, cvsps is your friend...