Twinhan CI experimental support (was: [linux-dvb] /dev/video*)

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Fri Apr 1 17:25:27 CEST 2005

Frederic CAND <frederic.cand at anevia.com> writes:

> mmm that seems interesting; where can i find manu's ca_zap ? what
> about your modifications ?

I'll send you the files in a private mail.

> i have CAMs, a TPS card (HotBird) and CanalSat (Astra) card so I
> could see which combinations work ...

What CAM brands and model ?

> and try to make other works

That would be cool.

> ... I also noticed the dvb-bt8xx module init takes some time (3 or 4
> seconds), so maybe there's something to do with it...

Definitely. But I cannot pinpoint the problem.

A lot of processing is done by the microcontroller (MCU) on Twinhan
card, but the interface to this MCU is rather murky. That's why work
is progressing very slowly (if at all): we mostly shoot in the dark.

We lack a clear specification of the protocol to be used between the
host and the card. There are some elements from EN50221 protocol
encapsulated in Twinhan idiosyncrasies. Error return from MCU is
boolean (good or not good :-( ).

Cheers