[linux-dvb] TS files from Air2PC-ATSC not compliant?

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Sun Apr 3 21:32:01 CEST 2005

The MPEG-TS files recorded using the Air2PC-ATSC PCI card do not play in
VLC. This applies to both files copied directly from
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 or recorded using dvbstream.

I thought that this was a VLC bug so I reported it but they say that the
files are invalid MPEG-TS because of missing PAT or PMT sections. See
the VLC bug 2017:

(there is also a link to an example file there)

Is this a bug in the DVB driver or in VLC?