[linux-dvb] patch for twinhan-dst card

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Thu Apr 7 11:20:42 CEST 2005

Kenneth Aafløy <lists at kenneth.aafloy.net> writes:

> The pcmcia spec allows for up to 5 seconds of initialization time,
> and the ready pin in the pcmcia port should tell when the cam is
> ready.

I don't know if we can read the state of this pin directly of if the
MCU gets in the way.

Manu, do you have any idea ?

> What if you do something like in the budget-av driver:
>
> int timeout = x
> while (--timeout > 0 && !dst_wait_ready())
> 	msleep(y);
>
> Does that work, or will it still barf?

I've already tried to wait 6s in dst_probe (i.e. before calling
get-device-id whcih send a command to the MCU) to no avail.

I need to dig more into the module initialisation to try other
timings. (i'll do this next week-end)

In any case, this timing issue is restricted to dst.c. The patch to
dst_ca.c should be a boon for everybody trying to de-scramble with a
twinhan card.

Cheers