[linux-dvb] What am I doing wrong with this Twinhan card?

Manu Abraham manu at kromtek.com
Tue Apr 12 10:23:56 CEST 2005

Tim Bates wrote:
>> There you go .. You need the bttv patch i posted earlier..
> Ooops... Yes, I had used that patch. I had meant to mention that.
>> After this you would need the dvb-kernel from CVS too...
> Do I actually need this to make it work? I have never (from memory) had
> to use this before. And I used to get further than what I do now.

With the dvb-kernel stuff you are on the bleeding edge.. Many stuff in
dvb-kernel which have not gone into the mainline kernel yet ..

> Onto the topic of the CVS stuff.... I've downloaded the CVS contents.
> I've looked at the README, but Im a little confused.
> How do I actually compile and use this stuff?

To fetch the CVS:

cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous at cvs.linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co -P dvb-kernel

After fetching,

cd to dvb-kernel

do a

$ makelinks  kernel-sorce directory..

for examaple, i run,

# makelinks /work/kernel/linux-

After this i manually compile my kernel and install the standard kernel
way of doing things ..

To load the modules it would be just the same... To have a list of
modules i have them at the wiki ..
I don't see the confusing part..

> And has anyone written any useful documentation like a HOWTO for Twinhan
> users?

but there is a just sufficient Documentation in the Kernel