[linux-dvb] TwinHan Clones

Manu Abraham manu at kromtek.com
Fri Apr 15 14:24:17 CEST 2005

Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Ralph Metzler <rjkm at metzlerbros.de> writes:
>

>>AFAIR, the longer red Twinhan is a VP1030A, the Technisat a VP1030C.
>>Then there is a similar looking one (tuner in same angle as Technisat)
>>but with different tuner called VP1032. I think Manu mentioned a
>>VP1032A to me (probably the version where the tuner actually works)
>>and there are probably many more ...
>>
>>Don't quote me on the exact numbers, they are from memory. I can look
>>them up if somebody is interested.
>

> I'll update the Twinhan card list [1] on the wiki if you send the
> numbers.

BTW, What Hercules cards are VP-1030 (DST-CI) clones,  rather than
VP-1030A (DSTMCI) clones, as per what you have updated the card database
on the wiki. The VP-1030 and the VP-1030A differ in the TS size.. and a
lot in firmware too.. Tuner is different too .. Even the board colour is
different.. These (1030) boards were mostly sold as OEM boards, rather
than Twinhan boards, AFAIK.

Manu