[linux-dvb] firmware loading error in dibusb

Samuel Huang checkout3.tw at yahoo.com.tw
Mon Apr 18 10:35:39 CEST 2005

First of all, thanks for people who kindly help linux users in this forum.
I have a Dibcom USB2.0 DVB-T reference design, and it works fine with dvb-kernel including the given firmware (dvb-dibusb- against Debian sarge + kernel-
2.6.10. Since I had the Windows driver, I tried to replace the workable one with the
firmware packed in Windows driver. The firmware is Intel-hex format, and I wrote a utility
to transform it into one the loader in dvb-dibusb(i.e.dvb-dibusb-firmware.c) able to
support. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Here's dmesg
Apr 18 14:01:05 localhost kernel: usb 4-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 14
Apr 18 14:01:05 localhost kernel: /home/devel/dvb-kernel/build-2.6/dvb-dibusb-core.c: found a 'DiBcom USB2.0 DVB-T reference design (MOD3000P)' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
Apr 18 14:01:05 localhost kernel: /home/devel/devel/dvb-kernel/build-2.6/dvb-dibusb-firmware.c: using firmware file (dvb-dibusb-
Apr 18 14:01:05 localhost kernel: /home/devel/dvb-kernel/build-2.6/dvb-dibusb-core.c: DiBcom USB2.0 DVB-T reference design (MOD3000P) successfully initialized and connected.

>From the view of code level, it seems the firmware doesn't work normally after the restart register being re-enable in USB controller. Transmission of firmware file seems no problem. Any advices are appreciated.

Love me little, love me long.
Samuel H.