[linux-dvb] Patches to fix support for VisionPlus DTV (VP1020) / tuning problem

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Sat Apr 23 12:32:41 CEST 2005

Steffen Motzer <motzersn at tlink.de> writes:

> After applying the patches the driver successfully loads but tuning
> rarely works right. Xine starts buffering but never
> finishes. Sometimes I can see a badly corrupted frame so Xine seems
> to receive some data from the transponder. If I repeatedly start
> mplayer to tune to the same channel until the card finally tunes
> right then on the next start xine always successfully receives this
> channel.

I've sometimes seen a similar behavior with my DST-CI card (VP-1030
aka Smart TV Satellite): the card was not locking properly using szap.

At that time, I've fixed this problem by increasing the
dst_wait_dst_ready msleep delay to 5ms instead of 1ms.

On the other hand, I cannot reproduce the problem today with the 1ms
delay. My card locks perfectly with the small delay. Needless to say,
I'm a bit puzzled.

The only thing that changed is the kernel: I've upgraded from 2.6.9 to
2.6.11

So I may be completely wrong, but it may be worth a try in your case.

HTH