[linux-dvb] FE_READ_BER and FE_READ_UNCORRECTABLE might beswapped for stv0299

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Tue Aug 16 14:39:40 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 16 Aug 2005 13:27, Jeremy Hall wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What I wanted is:
>
> 1: number of blocks corrected after FEC
>
> 2: number of blocks uncorrectable
>
> I'm guessing I can't get that with either of these numbers.

Yup. Trying to think of a way round the problem.

Johannes suggested having the frontend thread poll the values regularly (e.g.
once a second), and cache the values internally. Then the IOCTLs called by
the user application return those internal cached values.

Johannes, why is blocking in the IOCTLs to monitor the BER etc bad? Is it
because the API is defined not to?