[linux-dvb] Linux don't recognize my DiBcom usb box

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Thu Aug 18 16:18:15 CEST 2005

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Daniel [utf-8] Martínez Ruiz wrote:
> Yes, you're correct. I'm using then 1.1.1. Sorry by the mistake.

That can't be, too. There is also no dibusb-driver in the 1.1.1 release.

>>> Looking for /var/log/messages using dmesg, all the drivers show the same
>>> error (or warning, I don't know), specially the drivers I think I need:
>>
>> The DiBcom EVA3000MC1-D2 is a reference design made by DiBcom with the
>> DiB3000MC demodulator. So far no one ever reported that the dibusb-driver
>> in Linux is working with it.

I think I was wrong here. The EVA3000MC is a diversity board, right? So it
has at least two demods? This is not, yet, supported by the linux driver
anyway.

I'm not sure about the interface of the EVA3000MC and how similar it is to
USB boxes I have. I think you should ask DiBcom for help on this. As far
as I know DiBcom provides specific linux software for their development
reference devices.

Patrick.