[linux-dvb] FusionHDTV5

Jate jate.sujj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 01:22:27 CEST 2005

I am thinking about buying a DVICO FusionHDTV5 Lite. I read that DVICO
recommends a video card with MPEG2 decoding acceleration to provide hardware
assistance with the HDTV stream decoding.

I have also read that Linux video card drivers do not necessarily have
support for this hardware assistance. I have also read that binaries from
NVidia may have this support. I want to know if I would need to upgrade to a
brawnier processor in order to get this working.

If you are a FusionHDTV5 Linux pioneer, can you tell me your performance
experience?

- Jate S.