[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV SAT bttv

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Mon Aug 29 13:08:56 CEST 2005

Ferdinando Romano wrote:

>But I don't undestand the reason for which
> my system doesn't create the device
>/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 and doesn't associate it to the
>stream of my Pinnacle card
>
>Which is the content of this device video0 and vbi0?
>What do they represent?
>Do you think that is necessary to use a firmware for
>this card?
>Do you have any suggestions to use this card?

because this card is a budget one: it exports the mpeg-ts streams
that it receives, not the decoded one that full-featured cards expose via
/dev/video0.
In order to use your card you should use mplayer dvb:// or xine, vlc,
mythtv
or one of the many more programs available

 Sponsor:

 Jamba: Personalizza il tuo cellulare con le TOP suonerie!

* La prima suoneria è GRATIS! Scaricala ORA!

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3604&d=29-8