[linux-dvb] FIX: No recovery after lost lock

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Wed Aug 31 15:39:54 CEST 2005

Johannes Stezenbach <js at linuxtv.org> writes:

> No more people with SAT-equipment willing to test and/or comment on
> this?

I've tested the lost lock problem by cutting the signal by placing an
iron bar in front of the sattellite LNB (who could imagine that a 2
meter iron bar is handy to debug a kernel driver ;-) )

With Twinhan cards and tuning with 'szap -r -x' I did not see any
difference: once the lock is lost, it's lost for good.

But with a NOVA-CI and tuning with vdr, I can recover the image and
sound when I remove the iron bar with the commented out code.

I've verified that I cannot get the image back with the original code.

HTH