[linux-dvb] A call to testers..

Michael Krufky mkrufky at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 14:17:17 CET 2005

On 12/7/05, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gregoire Favre wrote:
> >
> >what's the current CVS ?
> >
> >Is it v4l-dvb ?

> Since, dvb-kernel has merged with V4L, it is v4l-dvb, but as i was told,
> it neeeded some time for the merger to stabilize.
> Hence i had been still on the last dvb-kernel at least  ..

Manu, please move to v4l-dvb cvs.  Having you sticking with dvb-kernel
(write access currently disabled) is just as bad as telling users to
wait for mainline to start testing.  (well, not quite)  ... Please
move to v4l-dvb cvs.  There are some features that are missing from
dvb-kernel, mainly because nobody has asked us to import them yet.  If
you notice something from dvb-kernel that you liked is missing, then
just say the word and we'll move it in.

> >What I don't really like : in the README.patches there's a mention about
> >http://linuxtv.org/downloads/snapshot which don't exist ???

TYPO:  http://linuxtv.org/downloads/snapshots/

(corrected in cvs as of now, thanks for pointing this out)

> >And for me http://linuxtv.org/downloads/quilt/patches/ is not crystal
> >clear...
> >
> Those patches , i think are to be sent to Andrew Morton.

Yes.  Mauro decided to put the upstream patches at a fixed location,
so that anyone can review and test them.

> >So I have still the makelinks in the rootdir ?

It's still there, but in a different form.......  Instead, try:

make kernel-links

...this is nice and convenient and all, but IMHO it is still much safer to do:

make && make install

...but I have imported the 'makelinks' script as the 'make
kernel-links' command, to allow users the option.

> Regarding V4L-DVB i haven't taken a look at it, so not much of an idea ATM.

Anything else?  What else from dvb-kernel do you like and miss and
want imported into v4l-dvb cvs?  Hopefully this will cover it for now.

P.S. To anyone trying to email my linuxtv.org or m1k.net account, my
m1k.net ISP is having troubles at the moment (linuxtv.org is just a
fwd), and my emails are bouncing back.  Email me here to get my
attention, for now.