[linux-dvb] Re: PATCH: Nebula DigiTv PCI Remote Control support

Richard Wall m-lists at the-moon.net
Thu Dec 8 14:04:39 CET 2005

On 01/10/05 04:12 Mark Weaver wrote:
> I've attached a patch that has this working well for me.  This consists
> of a new module, ir-kbd-nebula, and a patch against a few existing bttv
> files to support it.  I could not see how to sensibly glue this code
> into ir-kbd-gpio as it is very different from the method most cards use.

I was trying to upgrade to linux-kernel-2.6.15-rc5, but am having
trouble applying your Nebula PCI DigiTv IR  patch.

I've been through it, and all your changes seem to have been applied to
the kernel tree except the extra ir-kbd-nebula.c and it's entry in the

I tried simply adding these in, but get an error when compiling. (see below)

I don't really know what I'm doing and wondered if you (or anyone on the
list) had an uptodate patch or advice on how to get it working.

Richard Wall

distcc[10763] ERROR: compile (null) on localhost failed
drivers/media/video/ir-kbd-nebula.c:363:5: warning: "LINUX_VERSION_CODE"
is not defined
drivers/media/video/ir-kbd-nebula.c:363:26: warning: "KERNEL_VERSION" is
not defined
drivers/media/video/ir-kbd-nebula.c:363:40: error: missing binary
operator before token "("
distcc[10762] ERROR: compile drivers/media/video/ir-kbd-nebula.c on
lazar failed
make[4]: *** [drivers/media/video/ir-kbd-nebula.o] Error 1