[linux-dvb] Compro DVB-T300 signal strength

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Fri Dec 9 00:11:31 CET 2005

Hi, Mark

Mark Callaghan wrote:
> Hi Hartmut,
> Thank you for your help. I fetched my driver towards the end of November
> (27th). Yes, I had my initial config wrong - The "Official" data
> (www.dba.org.au) on channel frequency was incorrect. Perth SBS should be
> 536.625 MHz. (NOT 536.5)
> Cheers,
> Mark

Aha, thanks that you reported this.
I just learned that this "one tuning step off" also occurs in France and in
the UK.
Does anybody know how other channel decoders behave at hight freqency
offsets? Do they still lock at +/- 167kHz offset?
I could change the tuning algorithm for the tda10046 so that it would lock
at even higher offsets, but this is a big change. And I am not convinced
that this is the right thing to do.

Best regards
    Hartmut