[linux-dvb] How do I use FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD and FE_SET_FRONTEND correctly?

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Sat Dec 10 22:48:31 CET 2005

On Sat, Dec 10, 2005, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> > Yes, I read something like that in the VDR ML. But if VDR repeats the
> > sequence on it's own, it is more tolerant to connecting the antenna
> > cable at run time (at least in the case of DVB-S with a DiSEqC
> You should not do that. It might kill the LNBP chip on your card.

This is the first time I ever hear that. Where do you have
this information from?
(If it were true then manufacturers would have to do a lot of
warranty repairs because of it, thus my doubts.)

IMHO this too short. I've seen cards lock on a signal after some seconds
of zig-zag. If you restart tuning every .5s it might never get a lock.

Johannes