[linux-dvb] A driver for EZ-USB FX2, Philips TU1216L DVB-T USB device?

Arnold Ho ailinglist at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 12:31:04 CET 2005

Hi Patrick,

On 12/14/05, Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher at desy.de> wrote:

> Is it a publicly available device? If so, do you have a website?

It is by a startup company and I haven't seen it on the market yet.
There isn't much information available at the website(winux-it.com).

> Hmm, yes, normally it is copy'n'paste + some adaptations.

The tda1004x frontend code requires firmware from technotrend but I
have got my own firmware to load.

Am I right to simply set in dvb_usb_properties
.firmware = "my_firmware"

I feel like I am missing something here...

> Do you have a usb-log for that box from the windows driver?

I have the vendor requests and firmware. This is my school project
with the startup and I had to sign an NDA.

Would including the tda1004x frontend and dvb-usb cause license
issues? Frankly, I am hoping the code can eventually be added into the
kernel since IMHO it's the best way to support devices.

Do proprietary drivers for the kernel not include any kernel code? I
am confused.

Regards,
Arnold