[linux-dvb] DViCO FusionHDTV 5 lite corrupt when PVR-350 is recording, concurrent recording with PVR-500- no problems

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 06:43:54 CET 2005

On 12/15/05, Michael Krufky <mkrufky at m1k.net> wrote:

> I think this is just a matter of PCI bandwidth.  A single machine can
> only handle so much data passing along it's PCI bus at a time.
>
> -Mike

Thanks for the reply...  I'm not trying to challenge the idea, just to be
educated by the folks on the list who are obviously much more knowledgable
than myself  regarding these topics.  Should there be a difference between
the PVR-350 and the PVR-500 PCI bandwidth?  I can capture with both tuners
of the PVR-500 at the same time as the FusionHDTV 5 lite and nothing is
corrupt.  Recording with the single tuner of the PVR-350 at the same time as
the FusionHDTV 5 lite gives corrupt recordings...  Other data points, from a
similar post to the mythtv list suggested that one person was able to
capture 4 HDTV streams concurrently with no corruption...  Any insight you
can provide is welcome.  Thanks,

Mike