[linux-dvb] Dammit... Not again... Firmware upload failed!

raid517 raid517 at ukonline.co.uk
Sun Dec 18 08:16:14 CET 2005

Hi, I just did a dist-upgrade in Debian. before the dist-upgrade/update
DVB was working fine. After the upgrade I am now getting this error
message in dmesg.

/dev/vmnet: open called by PID 10469 (vmnet-netifup)
/dev/vmnet: port on hub 8 successfully opened
/dev/vmnet: open called by PID 10494 (vmnet-dhcpd)
/dev/vmnet: port on hub 8 successfully opened
vmnet8: no IPv6 routers present
tda1004x: waiting for firmware upload...
tda1004x: Error during firmware upload
tda1004x: firmware upload failed
tda1004x: waiting for firmware upload...
tda1004x: Error during firmware upload
tda1004x: firmware upload failed
tda1004x: waiting for firmware upload...
tda1004x: Error during firmware upload
tda1004x: firmware upload failed
raid517 at linux1:~$

Can anyone please suggest what might be going on and how to fix it? As
far as I'm aware I have the latest DVB firmware installed.

GJ