[linux-dvb] IR Remote Control of DVB-T Cards (ex. Terratec Cinergy T2 or 1400, ....)

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Fri Dec 23 00:23:56 CET 2005

.. Manfrons.. wrote:
> i'm just wondering how to capture the signals sent by the IR remote
> control supllied with all the dvb-t cards.
> with windoz it's all easy, cause there are software to configure what to
> do when a key is pressed, but with linux how can i see which key the
> user press on the remote control?

Some cards support a user supplied keymap (e.g. av7110_loadkeys). I'm
not sure about the Cinergy cards. Get hold of the linuxtv-dvb-apps
package from the http://linuxtv.org and then take a look in

> can i get them in c language? how?

The IR events are available via /dev/input/eventN. For some examples of
how to read the events from this interface see the evtest program in the
av7110_loadkeys directory, or the vdr-remote code from

> regards and merry xmas to everybody.

and to you too.